I must say I am starting to get quite excited to come home. I think everyone else here is too. It's obvious at work, both with the kids and with the teachers, that we are frankly sick of one another. We've been in each others lives day in and day out, at work and socially (not the students, my co-workers obviously) every day since July 26th. That's a lot of time with the same 20 or so people. I have to hand it to us though, we are a remarkably compatible group, and besides a few sharp tongues here or snappy sentences there, we have all gotten along remarkably well. I'd go as far as saying we all independently like one another, and will look forward to seeing each other again in January. But yes, the break will be good.
I have started fantasizing about a lot of things, though mainly food. I am so looking forward to some DC brunches with my girls. Extra points to whomever takes me to Sweetwater. And Meredith and I, well, we've been friends for a long long time. I don't even have to tell her what's on the menu for when we get home. She knows there's going to be lots of chic-fil-a, starbucks, and slurpees. We might even have starbucks followed by slurpees. Weather be damned, we just get too gosh darn excited about having 7-11's around. Of course I am looking forward to seeing people too. I miss my Mom and Dad terribly. I just want to be curled up on the couch with my Dad watching Star Trek. Or snuggle up with my Mom on her bed with the cats and Josh Grobin crooning Christmas carols. I am just going to soak up my 17 days back home, loving on all my dear friends and family and eating my way across the Commonwealth of Virginia. Mark your calendars folks- Dec 14th-Jan 2nd. And everyone better have plenty of milk and toilet paper around.
No comments:
Post a Comment