December 13, 2013

Home Sweet Home

The unbelievable has happened.  Tomorrow I head back to the States.  How has time passed so fast?  I cannot believe the time for my first trip home has come. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am not as excited as I thought I would be.  Maybe it's because I just had a stellar three days in paradise, or maybe it's because I am ungodly tired, or maybe it's just because I am not really looking forward to 12 hours in airports starting at 3am tomorrow.Whatever the reason, I am pretty confident that I will be very excited by the time I arrive that RayKoons Christmas extravaganza tomorrow night!

In all honestly, I think some of my general feeling of trepidation is due to the uncertainty of trying to reestablish myself in my homeland for short time, then returning back to my new country immediately after.  Travelling between worlds is undoubtedly a jarring experience.  I wonder- will my relationships back home be the same?  Can friendship survive when it's carried out on different continents? I hope the answer is yes.

Anyways, enough moping. I just spent three days being treated like a queen, so it's hard to feel even the littlest bit sorry for myself.  Colleen, Sean, Chris, Tendai, Holly and I went very early Tuesday morning to Los Roques, an archipelago (which means a group of islands) about 40 minutes off the coast of Caracas.  There, we spent three days sunning ourselves, snorkeling, swimming and eating. The posada we stayed in , Paraiso Azul, took such good care of us, getting us fattened up on DELICIOUS food, carting us around to the various islands, and providing us with nice soft beds to sleep the burns away.  As Colleen said, we spent three days getting our asses wiped, and we have never been so clean.  Really, that was probably the most pampered experience of my life.  It was IN-CREDIBLE.  My favorite part, besides the food, was probably snorkeling on Fransiqui, one of the closer islands to Gran Roque, the main island where we stayed.  Fransiqui had a lovely sandbar we could play on, a bar we could drink at and a wonderful little lagoon perfect for snorkeling.  Chris and I spent over an hour exploring the mangroves and a large coral shelf that had so many cool fishes, and randomly, a huge statue of Mary on the the seafloor.  Why not?  Anyways, it was a phenomenal trip, far better than this paltry paragraph has described.

So tomorrow, first thing after I get off the plane, it's a Starbucks Egg Nog Latte.  Then, I get my bag full of goodies and hug Anne really, really hard.  Then it's 2.5 weeks of loving life back with those I love the most!




No comments: